If you have been charged with a weapons offense in state or federal court, you could be facing serious criminal penalties. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you fight the charges by investigating the facts of your case and questioning the government's evidence.
Defense attorney Sylvia A. Cavazos is a former prosecutor who understands all aspects of weapons offenses. Based in San Antonio, she defends clients throughout south central Texas. She has been practicing criminal law in Texas since 1997, and frequently defends clients against all types of weapons charges in state and federal court, including:
- Unlawful carrying (carrying a concealed or unconcealed weapon in a prohibited place)
- Unlawful possession (possessing a firearm after a felony or family violence conviction)
- Unlawful transfer (selling a firearm to a known criminal, intoxicated person, child, etc.)
- Firearm smuggling (transporting firearms knowing that they have been acquired illegally)
- Acquisition by deception (making a false statement in the acquisition of a firearm)
Many people do not realize how serious the penalties are for firearms offenses. For instance, carrying a firearm into a school can have penalties of up to 10 years in state prison, while buying a firearm for a convicted felon can carry penalties of up to 10 years in federal prison.
If you retain Ms. Cavazos to handle your case, she will carefully evaluate the facts to determine whether there are any weaknesses in the prosecution's case. She will diligently protect your interests in all proceedings, including court hearings, negotiations with the prosecutors and your trial.
Criminal Defense Attorney for Firearm Offenses · 210-468-1130
If you have been charged with illegal possession, sale, acquisition, carrying or trafficking of a gun or other weapon, you need an experienced criminal defense lawyer on your side. To schedule a free one-hour consultation, call 210-468-1130 or contact the firm by email.